RCA 36V430T Chassis ITC008HYN turns on and off repeatedly.

howdy, I have this monster RCA that is possessed. It will turn on and then at random intervals will shut down and power back up. I have touched up any solder connections that looked cold, and verified the front panel switches are not shorted. I still have the problem. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

thanks, Gary

Reply to
Gary L. Woodruff

Verify that the plastic buttons are not touching the tact switches. You might just change the tact switches anyway if it is not a mechanical problem like this. These sets have lots of problems with intermittent operation due to bad switches. They need not measure a short.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Leonard, Thanks for the tip. I have checked all of the switches for shorts, all read open unless they are activated. i am testing with the button panel out of the set so no buttons are are falsely activated. I read somewhere that it could be the power IC but I do not yet have a service manual to locate it.