Dead JVC AV3589S 35" TV

Got a dead JVC 35" (or maybe 36") TV. Model AV3589S I hear the relay click when power button is pressed. No LED's light up on the front and no high voltage felt on screen. Haven't opened it up yet to check B+ or other supply voltages (damn this thing is heavy).

Any repair tips would be appreciated. .

Reply to
Ric

Step one: learn how to use a web browser. Step two: learn how to have it go to a search site like google. Step three: learn how to enter usefull search terms like "sci.electronics.repair faq"

step four: visit

step five: look for stuff on repairing tv sets like:

Pay attention to the section about high voltages if you want to avoid a painfull mistake.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

I know how to use a web brower.

Did many a Google search on the web and in the newsgroups before posting here.

I have this repair faq.......doesn't tell me anything I don't already know.

This may be useful.....but doesn't give me anything model specific.

I have many years of experience working on TVs and computer monitors. You've told me absolutely NOTHING. Now what I have here is a dead JVC TV with no service manual or schematics. I'm sure I could get in it and familiarize myself, and eventually fix it, but in order to maybe save some time and troubleshooting, I thought maybe someone had encountered this problem before. Thanks for nothing.

Reply to
Slim

Doing a google search, I found three references to high esr capacitors in the power supply taking out the regulator ic. Start there.

Reply to
dkuhajda