PVR4663RK extremely orange picture

This TV had a fade to black syndrom, I resoldered practically the entire deflection board.

That same day, the TV was playing alright, and then all of a sudden the picture turned a scratchy dark orange color. Green and Blue is still there, but the red became stronger and really scratchy looking.

any ideas?

Reply to
Mike

The 'poast' is toast!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Hello. You will find near to the output x-strs a 120K 1/2 watt resistor. This resister opens or changes value giving the appearance of bad CRT's.

Have fun :).

Lloyd

Mike wrote:

Reply to
lrabanus

it read about 90K when I tested it on the red tube. didnt test green and blue.

the red looks "smeared and washed" like. almost exactly what those directview sets looked like back in the mid 90s for zenith. looks just like that.

Reply to
Mike

i tested that resistor actually.

Reply to
Mike

the picture was fine until I resoldered the board. after I resoldered the board, the picture was still fine. I let it play for a couple of hours, in the matter of about 10 minutes, the picture just went through the floor in quality. now it looks like a classic 27" set from the mid 90s. hmmm

Reply to
Mike