Blue Haze - not cool

Hello all,

I have a set that has a constant blue tint in the picture. When lowering the 'color' setting I'm not getting a black and white picture

- the blue tint is still there.

The menu does show a yellowish green color (mostly yellow) so I know I have blue and green colors. Furthermore, while looking at the screen closely I can see the red phosphorus glowing a little (and I have a red line moving down the screen). RGB is there... Ruling out the tube...

From my reading of this link, the problem could be that the red

color channel is over excited (for a lack of words..)?

I have a new TV already, but I would like to figure out what is wrong with this one - I have a score too settle with it :-). Any leads or pointers in what to check or test would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Reply to
osrlist

Red and green make yellow dont they ?

sounds like the gain of the blue channel is low, its to weak on bright colours leaving them yellowish, and too bright on dim colours leaving them bluey.

usualy IME its high value high voltage resistors wich change their value with age in the anode circuitry and cuase colour changes. particularly variable resistors. not to mention build up of dust grunge etc on those parts too. trying to adjust colour settings can be quite time consuming especially without a colour pattern generator.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

It would sure be helpful if you posted some details on the set, ideally the brand and model number but at least let us know what type (direct view, projection, CRT, LCD, etc) this is.

Reply to
James Sweet

The set is a GE XS Model # 20GT374. It is a CRT display.

It's been a long time since I've used this set; from what I can remember the blue tint would appear - and after turning the tv off for a little while it would operate normally after that - perhaps a heat related issue....

Collin: Yep, red and green make yellow.... :-) I had worked all night.....

Matt

Reply to
osrlist