Ferguson FTV150T (15" CRT). Picture Darkens....

Hi there people.

We have only had this TV for just over a year and it has gone wrong. You turn the TV on and it works fine, but after about 20 minutes or so the picture starts darkening very slowly, and the sound starts to get crackly - again, very slowly.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Demon.

Reply to
DemonTraitor

........... Update ................

Just done another test on the TV - leaving it on...

after 30 minutes the TV has lost its colour, gone dark and has red and blue lines running across it, horizontally

40 mins and the colour is still gone, but the lines have gone - so it is like a B&W TV.

50 mins the TV switched itself to standby mode, so I turned it on again to find the picture is perfect.

after 5 mins from switching it on again there is a red bar at the top

8th of the screen.

10 mins and the bar has gone, and saturation has gone down to about

50%

15 mins, the red and blue bars are back, and the sound has gone. picture is wobbling side to side quickly.

Again, any ideas?

Thanks. Demon.

Reply to
DemonTraitor

horizontally

You can try locating the defective component using freeze spray. Sounds like the problem may be temperature related. You will know instantly when you find the problem if the picture cleans up.

Reply to
Golf