punch amplifier part

A friend of mine has a Punch 200DSM car audio amp that is blown. He had it mounted in his trunk and discovered his trunk had a leak when the amp blew. I've found 5 of the transistors that were toast and replaced them. I've also found a surface mount trasistor that is blown up but I can't find the info as to what exactly it is. I have the schematic and this shows the part is on a small "daughter board" labelled as HB4 WP-D039C. The schematic doesn't show the breakdown of this little "daughter board" though. The part itself is labelled 3BJ (the J is underlined). Anybody out there have any info which may help me out? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Hi does the part look like this one?:

M.Joshi
Reply to
M.Joshi

Nope, it looks like your typical surface mount transistor with two connections on one side a one connection on the opposite side. Thanks for the response though.

Cheers, Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Thre should be some other markings on it - they may be very faint/faded. Try using a bright spot light to view the markings at an angle.

--
M.Joshi
Reply to

Probably a '3B' and the J may be a manufacturer's code. It's nothing special- according to my notes it's a BC856B, whose conventional equivalent is the humble BC556B. If there's space you could just graft a BC556B in its place.

Dave

Reply to
Dave D