SONY STR-D611 part ID???

I have a SONY STR-D611 A/V receiver that I need either a: service manual, part #, part specs. It's diode D816 on board 1-647-564-13 (the AC distribution board right where the power cord comes in.)

The AC is ok to the board so it's not something as simple as the power cord (darn it) but there's nothing coming out to the transformer. The fuse is ok and there's nothing burned. I've narrowed it to D816 which is reading .230 each way on a diode checker.

Any help with this part appreciated. I've tried numerous places, including the SONY site, so my only chance is a shop or technician that has a manual. I CAN get an un-stuffed board...Not much help Must be some tech out there with the info???

Thanks

Reply to
Salmo

Most likely, main AC power transformer has an open primary! Diode is likely ok, hard to measure in circuit sometimes! Some units have a smaller AC transformer! Check this also! The main transformer likely has a built-in fusible link! Hope this helps! Rono.

Reply to
Rono

This diode sits across the power relay coil. It's probably OK. I can e-mail you the service manual if you can take a 5.3 meg attachment.

You may e-mail me direct at:

snipped-for-privacy@labolgcbs.net

and reverse the domain name.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

Mark...I tried e-mailing you as per your instruction but it bounced back..

If you read this, I would most certainly like to have the service manual and have cleaned out my inbox to make room for it.

snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca

Keith

Reply to
Salmo