Proxima DP8200X

Looking for service manual. Unit is powering down by itself after about 5 minutes of use. When it powers down, it won't power back up until unit is unplugged and wait awhile, plug it back in and wait for about 30 minutes to an hour. The power/standby LED then flashes green once every 10 or 12 seconds. If you press the power/standby button while the LCD is flashing green, the unit will power up and run for about 5 minutes, then shuts itself down again. Cycle repeats.

Reply to
John F. Reeves

Replace lamp first. Still does it, then get RA# to ship to Infocus for repair if it is still supported. Out of warranty, give them a credit card in order to have them fix it. No service information available from Infocus for any projectors.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Dave is giving you the straight up on this. Replace lamp, clean filters,only if your company is buying the lamp, otherwise give it up, not worth the headache.

Reply to
carneyke

Of course I assumed that the user did the user maintenance of cleaning the filter per the owners manual, forgot most people can't read the owners manuals.

Reply to
dkuhajda
9 out of 10 owners dont even know the Make and Model.

Reply to
kip

I would like to thank all the responders to my request for help in finding service literature for the Proxima DP8200X. I have 25 years of A/V repair experience and have attended the Sharp LCD Projector repair training. It's sad that Proxima (Infocus)(Ask/Proxima) etc., does not support non-warranty repair facilities. It appears that NEC is fast becoming the LCD Projector of choice.

It is also sad that the DP8200X that I am working on is only out of warranty by 2 months. The lamp had not yet been replaced. I estimate that this projector only has less than 800 hours on it. By the way, I have cleaned the filter and changed the lamp out. No change in behavior was noticed. Since the power LED does not show a standby status at all, it makes think its power supply related. Changing the power supply would be about $800.00 and may not repair it. Most LCD projectors also have a separate power/ballast board. Without any service literature I'm not sure if the repair of this projector will be justified at this point.

Again, thanks to all that reponded. Good hunting!!

Reply to
John F. Reeves

We have some Mitsubishi's that are working good after 2 years too. I like the NEC's too.

Reply to
carneyke