Thomson TV flashing...

G'day,

What does it mean when my CRT Thomson 66cm Widescreen TV wont turn on, and the standby light flashes

2 7 {pause} 2 7

Yes, it must be pushing 5 years old, which is supposedly old age in modern electrical equipment, but I'm really hoping to get at least another 6 months out of this set so I'm out of uni and earning again.

First sign of trouble actually started about 3 months ago. It would no longer turn on from standby mode. Had to physically turn the power button off, wait 5-10 seconds, then turn it on.

Today, my fiancée turned the tv on, and within a few minutes it turned itself off, and then the Standby Light did the abovementioned flashes. Repeated attempts to turn it on result in the same flashing.

Any advice appreciated.

cheers

cosmic

Reply to
cosmichobo

Give it to a technician.

Thomson chassis can be quite a pain to fix even for experienced techs.

I can look at it if in Melbourne.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

I'm up in Brisbane...

Looks like those "codes" are a tightly guarded secret... can't find any refs online to tell me what 2-7-2-7 could mean...

Anyone know a good tech in Logan area?

cheers

Reply to
cosmichobo

Nah, give it to Mark. He'll rebuild the power supply.

Reply to
Two Bob

Hi,

e-mail me directly (aus_electronics AT rumatech DOT com) and I will give you details of a tech in Brisbane. Not sure what area, though.

Rudolf

Reply to
Rudolf

There is a kiwi guy at central Mt Gravat who has a clue .. I just cant find his card...

Reply to
atec77'