Playstation 2 CD-ROM laser sled cable

I am fixing my daughter's Playstation 2 and discovered that the ribbon cable running from the motherboard to the CD-ROM laser movement is broken. I'd imagine that many of the newsgroup regulars have repaired these and would like to know if anyone has this part they would be willing to sell to me. The part that is broken is the small beige/brown clip on the laser end so the cable will not stay connected.

I know for certain that this is the problem since I can get it to work for a few ROM reads before it loosens up and falls out then fails.

Thanks in advance since I really do not want to purchase another one and my

11-year old daughter is counting on me to get it going again.

Bob S

Reply to
Bob Shuman

You'll probably have to replace the entire connector. This won't be easy to do even if you can find the right type of connector. Since it works for as long as the cable is in place, I would glue, or tape the cable so it can't come loose. A little hot melt glue should work. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe