Playstation 2 help sodering help

i have a playstation 2 and i put a mod chip in it and i have 5 more wires to wire but i don't know how to wire them becsaue the soder won't stick to the board how do i make it stick the diagram of my soder points is at

and the wires i need help with are G I B F H and it is on the back of the playstation and the holes are really small and i can't get even the wired through so if there is anyone who can help it would be great.

Reply to
Hallhair

This is probably to late, but you need to remove the epoxy coating from the pads. The epoxy is the varnishy finish over everything. Gently scrape the coating off with a dental pick, or even a pocket knife. Your solder will then be able to stick to the pads.

As for holes? What holes, my PS2 was all surface mount stuff. There were no holes. Don't start soldering untill you have all the tools, (SMALL soldering iron, and 30 AWG kynar wire). There are too many people who were in a rush and ended up with a paperweight.

I got mine working the first time. I took my time though!

-Good Luck

Reply to
Johny Looser