FBT for KDS monitor

My KDS monitor has a sparking FBTransformer. I tried to fix it with some plastic spray and it worked for a while. But now it started again. I think I need a new one. Somebody knows where I can find one? I wrote to

and they say I have to send it to one of their stores. That is something I don't want to do. From here in Costa Rica. It is a 17" VS-7i model Thank for your help Joachim

--
Joachim
Reply to

Try some clear silicone caulk, lay it on nice and thick in several thinner coats over the spot that's sparking.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thank you for the tip but I think there is bad connection inside of the FBT. The cable for the anode is lose inside of the FBT and this will sooner or later burn the cable.

Where can I find such a FBT? Joachim

--
Joachim
Reply to

Not sure, did you try a google search? Some FBTs can be difficult to find.

If the cable is loose you might have luck cutting into the plastic where it attaches and soldering it in then caulking over.

Reply to
James Sweet