plastic VCR part

Ward JSJ20200 VCR. Little plastic pulley that was friction-fit onto the bottom of the capstan flywheel is broken; it worked a belt that went to the idler wheel. I'd hate to lose the VCR to such a little part. Any hope of finding a replacement?

--
                              God help us all,
          The next President of the United States will be a liberal.

On Sat, 26 Jan 2008 16:05:06 -0600, clifto put finger to keyboard and composed:

If yours is a Sharp VCA series mech, then you may be able to get a brass pulley for about $10.

Some Sharp models also had problems with leaky 10uF caps on the capstan PCB.

You can sometimes identify the manufacturer of your mech by inspecting the part numbers on the major mechanical parts, eg video heads or capstan motor.

See

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Can you guide me to this pulley (part number, supplier, etc.)? The only other thing the machine needs is belts.

--
                              God help us all,
          The next President of the United States will be a liberal.
Reply to
clifto

Another option is to scrape out the broken pulley so the split doesn't open when placed on the motor & then use a dob of areldite to glue it on (note: the brass replacement pulley mentioned has to be glued on anyway!).

www.parkdaleyc.com (where most of them sail)
Stan Blazejewski

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 11:53:46 -0600, clifto put finger to keyboard and composed:

In Australia it is supplied by WES and possibly by Prime Electronics. Unfortunately they don't cater for overseas orders. The part number is internal (eg PLY101), ie not a manufacturer's number.

See page 4-18 of the VCR section of the WES catalogue (35MB):

Otherwise Prime has a "999D12601 PULLEY replaces 631D58101 BRASS CAPSTAN PULLEY INC GLUE" which may or may not be the correct one.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

bottom

Can you translate "areldite" to North American?

The broken pulley fell off the hub of the capstan flywheel in two distinct pieces. They glued together twice but didn't stay together worth a darn. I suspect the new brass pulley might also be a friction fit.

--
                              God help us all,
          The next President of the United States will be a liberal.
Reply to
clifto

bottom

Ah. Thanks, but I fear lots of that won't translate into USian.