Cyberhome CH-LDV 700B

I have a Cyberhome CH-LDV 700B portable DVD player with a broken DC input jack inwhich the little post inside the jack that connects to the "female" powercord has broken off (kids!).

I'd like to replace the jack, which is soldered onto the main board.

Here is the best description I can give of the jack itself:

1) It is a small black plastic rectangular-shape with what appears to be a removable, snap-down cover 2) It measures about 9mm Long by 6mm Wide by 5mm High 3) The opening for the plug is 3mm in diameter on one 6x5mm end 4) There are three straight wire leads on the opposite 6x5mm end running through the board and soldered onto the back side. All three conductors are arranged in a straight line on the 'bottom' of the jack. 5) There are two short, small plastic posts which align to two small holes through the circuit board near the opening to prevent shifting of the jack when attaching the power cord. 6) The input voltage is listed as DC 9V, 2.2A in the manual 7) The brick itself has no markings, but the circuit board has the following text: "M1 94V-O 001-4599" or "M1 94V-0 001-4599" on one side and "Ldb711B_AMP_0110 REV:2.1"

I would like to locate a replacement DC jack and solder it on myself. I am having a terrible time locating the part. (CyberHome is NOT helping at all!) Have tried mouser.com or codemicro.com and aacomputerelec.com. Any useful suggestions would be most appreciated and thank you in advance.

Trish

Reply to
payoubi

I am guessing this is surface mount if it is late model stuff, but if it has stiffening pins maybe not. The Mouser page that has this type is at

If not they have several similar pages for through-hole parts, you need to click on Connectors, then DC Power Jacks, then there are several pages of stuff of different brands. Besides the type of mounting, you need to measure the pin on the power jack to find the diameter, or if it is lost you can estimate from looking at the power cord. You need to measure the outside diameter of the plug also. There are many possible sizes.

It is unlikely that they would have picked a custom DC jack when there is such a variety of standard ones available.

Reply to
Clive Tobin

Thanks for your reply.

What a ride this has been. Cyberhome wants $140 for a $1 part!!!!

Found the part at Singatron

but they don't sell the public. Contacted one of their largest distributers (Digi-key). ALthougth they have been very great, this is a special order and they prob. cannot get just one or two for me. So close and yet so far.........

I think i found the DC jack at jameco.com where i can order just one or two pieces

and so i ordered it. Hope it is the right one!

THanks again for your suggestions I am now patiently waiting for the next step of this adventure.........

Reply to
payoubi