Pioneer SD P5193-K Big Screen Projection TV

I've got a Pioneer SD P5193-K Big Screen Projection TV here and it simply won't turn on. I read up a bit on it, and it seems to be in "Circuit Protective Mode" or something. the little red light in the front, and the one on the board inside are lit, and it makes the clicking sound when you power it on. I was wondering if theres a way to override this in any way.. I know this is generally unrecommended, but logically, if the protective mode is disabled, it will simply re- enable itself if theres something seriously wrong with it. and I don't feel like spending 150+ bucks just to have someone do something which theres a chance I could do myself for less or free. any recommendations?

Reply to
kronflux

what do you have on your hot, and how about the regulater voltage are they ok,.sometimes the hot goes bad not enough to blow but just not doing it's job,

Reply to
sweet fellow123

There are lots of problems that can be done by DIYers, but this set is not a good candidate for it. Other than resoldering a few hundred connections that are often a problem, or the occasional STK ouput IC that is bad, here are lots of problems that are not difficult for someone with electronics troubleshooting skills and a good understanding of CRT based RPTV can track down, but would be nearly impossible for a novice. I suggest you find someone who is very familiar with these sets.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet