SD-P55A3-K

Complaint was no picture, no sound.

Pulled chassis to find chassis ground wire to the CRT assembly cut and simply twisted together with electrical tape. (!!) Fixed this properly with solder and shrink tubing. Fixed blue with focus was way off but sharp and useable picture.

But still have intermittent shutdown. Picture diappears and speakers go "thump".

I had worked on Pioneer projectors in past and usually are capacitors & solder joints. This unit seems not to exhibit this problem I have seen to associate with caps & solder, even I knocked the chassis to see if I can upset chassis into shutdown. No dice.

Comments is welcomed. Did some googling and didn't find what I'm looking for.

Cheers, Wizard

Reply to
Jason D.