pinking sound behind tv screen

hi there,

every now and then my 5 yr old philips refuses to come out of stand by, instead screen remains blank and i can hear a sort of pinking or clicking sound (like oil in an electric heater) , every second or two.

if i turn unit off and on again it works.

any guesses on what component is failing?

Reply to
xamman19

you'd better hope it isn't the painter chip..... i think that was on the the a10 chassis (28PWXXXX, etc).

-B.

I had a TV set that failed in a similar manner. It turned out to be a cap. in the flyback primary circuit. If you have trouble locating it, don't worry. Pretty soon, it will burn up, belch out a lot of smoke and then it'll be easy to find.

You might also have some discharging through heavy dust build-up going on. Try vacuuming the set out (carefully, with a plastic attachment, so you don't zap yourself).

Dyslexics have more fnu.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

thanks for the experiences ppl