Mitsubishi Projection screen tv troubleshooting

Hey guys, Ive got a 50" mitsubishi VS-50603(I believe thats the model #.. aint at

home now) projection screen tv which recently would sometimes boot up display a mostly blue screen.(other colors were showing just it was 90%

blue dominant) Once the tv was powered off for a second or two and turned back on the blue screen would go away. Then just the other day the tv stop displaying an image at all upon turn-on. I opened up the back and found no blown fuses(checked all 3 of them) and noticed that the crt heaters are not lighting up as well. When I press the power button the tv makes the "click" sound as if its about to turn on but stops there. When I power it off I hear a high pitched "draining" sound

which seems to be coming around the flyback though I cant say for certain. Anyone know what could have gone wrong and where I should start to troubleshoot? Thanks!

Reply to
Raventy

The first thing to do with this set is to look very carefully for coolant that has leaked onto the boards. These sets are very reliable other than the coolant leaks and related corrosion.

Leonard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 11819 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try SPAMfighter for free now!

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet