How to hook up Notebook backlight for other uses

Invertor has many input pins, not sure what functions they provide. Anywhere I might find pinout for Toshiba Satellite, or older Acernote or others? thanks in advance /mark

Reply to
Mark F

Find an old flatbed scanner, there's a 12V inverter inside that works well on those lamps.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

If you could be a bit more vague... why do you think you've gotten so litle response?

if you could tell us how many pins, trace the invertor cct diag and post it for us, maybe we can get somewhere.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Or just look online, All Electronics and Electronic Goldmine among others usually have a number of cheap surplus inverters.

Reply to
James Sweet

Thanks - was hoping someone had done it before, hence the wording of the question with specific reference to a couple of families.

I'll proceed with the heuristic method at some point, I guess...

THe application, by the way, is to backlight an older "overhead" LCD tablet, as a really poorman's LCD monitor on one of my CNC machines. Can't afford an LCD monitor, don't have the space for a CRT, but one of my two tablets would do fine. There are other ways to backlight them, for sure, but at the expense of uniformity and space...

/mark F

snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

Reply to
Mark F

Thanks guys you gave me an idea, I have an NEC monitor that the invertor is dead and ahve 2 old flatbed scanners that i just took out the inverters and wired them up to the NEC's supply now the backlights are lite up and the monitor works great. Again Thanks for the idea

Reply to
David Naylor