VCR Not Playing

I put a tape into the VCR and it plays as normal, but is showing no images, just black and white lines you get if you play a blank tape. There's no sound either. I'm not sure why its doing this. Does it need cleaning or is it broken? Please help. Thanks

Reply to
tkbirdie

The video head may be badly clogged, or it has failed, or there is some other type of failure in the video path, or part of the power supply. You can start by having the machine properly cleaned and checked.

Considering the low cost of VCR's today, it may be more feasible for you to consider getting a new VCR, rather than sinking good money in to servicing an old one.

--

JANA
_____

"tkbirdie"  wrote in message
I put a tape into the VCR and it plays as normal, but is showing no
images, just black and white lines you get if you play a blank tape.
There's no sound either.  I'm not sure why its doing this.  Does it
need cleaning or is it broken?
Please help.
Thanks
Reply to
JANA

is this the same vcr that has been chewing your tapes in your other recent post?

-b

Yeah, it is. Somehow, it managed to correct itself. I put another tape in and it started working fine. I'm not sure why it happened in the first place though.

Reply to
tkbirdie

Your heads are clogged with bits of tape from when you had the jamming problem

Reply to
rb