Philips MX3900D surround system power on problem

My surround system just started to have a problem. The standby/on switch flickers between a green "on" light and a red "standbylight" and won't power up. I downloaded the service manual, but I can't even get into the diagnostics program. I'm not sure what to do. I've searched the net quite a bit and found that other people have had the same problem with this unit. I'm too cheap to send it to a repair shop. Can anyone recommend a website or resource to help diagnose the problem?

Thanks

Reply to
Cooper

Has it been unplugged and left to sit? Sometimes, Microprocessors just lose their minds...Happened to My Cable Box twice.

Reply to
nvic

We use it just about every day. After the incident, I have had it unplugged for three to four days and still doesn't fix the problem.

Reply to
Cooper

Just about says it all. Unless this is a common problem with discussions etc going on out there, you're probably unlikely to be able to repair it yourself.

Maybe time for a new unit - hopefully not a Philips.

For Surround receivers I recommend Yamaha, Sony, Denon, and Onkyo.

Mark Z.

Co> My surround system just started to have a problem. The standby/on

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

True words...but don't you think the fuse has burnt....Well as u guys all said...its doesn't power up....i had the same problem too....but i went to the electronics store...You can't find the fuse anywhere....Sucks huh...need a new dvd sound system....

--
insulator
Reply to