Philips 28DW6734 no red

The above model TV started to flicker, losing red then reappearing. I don't think its the tube (guaranteed anyway), bt somewhere in the gun drive.

CAn someone point me at a website with the schematics?

I'm afraid my tv/analogue skills are rather weak as I'm a VHDL/FPGA designer. Any help welcome. (Also, my old 'scope burnt out, so diagnostics are difficult as well!).

TIA, Niv

Reply to
Niv

On Tue, 26 Dec 2006 06:48:03 -0800, Niv Has Frothed:

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

so a bad connection

right

You only need a multimeter to track it down. Youve got 3 colour channels to compare too which makes things easier. I'd start at the tube cathode and work back, see where things start to line up between the 3 channels.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Niv ha escrito:

start by resoldering crt neck board etc. sounds like bad joint . may have led to the red resistor opening

-B.

Never hear of a Protron losing reds and reappearing, now do we?

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

On Wed, 27 Dec 2006 09:02:45 -0800, Malissa Baldwin Has Frothed:

I have, many of them as a matter of fact.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow