5en aoc fixed

hi there!

to those who encountered pincushion size problem on aoc model: 5en. (i've posted my problem last week) . After replacing flyback, it suffered from bad pincushion. Traced the E/W output pin (pin 24) deflection IC - TDA9115. It goes to the base of a small transistor (Q404). Traced from its collector and found Q406. Q406 has collector & emitter short. When someone there encounters this problem, look at those components especially Q406 and also check coils & other components connected to its collector. Check also if there is a signal coming out on pin 24 of the said IC.

My problem this time is the other set that has a very low heater voltage when the crt board is inserted on the crt base. It causes the heater not to glow. I found out a zener diode connected to the filter cap. I'm going to check if is still regulates properly.

Thanks to this group. I found related topics at the archives for my query regarding this model.

Reply to
yhan