Dead Philips tv

Hi Philips TV 17PT1563/05 - working ok, picture starts to jump slightly - 'ping' - smell of burning, dies. Checked plug-top fuse, opened up the set and checked for any internal fuses - one found checks ok. So I guess it's a power supply problem. Any clues please? - there's some signs of burning on the board next to a large capacitor near the incoming power-lead. Is it worth fixing, or shall I junk it? - replacement nearly as cheap as a professional repair. (I'm in the UK) Thanks for any help. Pete

Reply to
Lambo

Pete: You asking for "clues" ...... well, we need some clues here... you will need to provide some basic troubleshooting results such as voltage readings, component test results, etc... for tips and information you can go to the website for this newsgroup at

..... otherwise TAKE it to a shop for a repair cost estimate so you can make an intelligent repair decision with facts instead of wild guesses. To assume that a professional repair is going to cost as much as a replacement is an unenlightened assumption.... especially without any technical apprasial. electricitym . . .

Reply to
electricitym