Dead Panasonic AG-MD830E SVHS VCR

I have a Panasonic AG-MD830E S-VHS VCR that will not power up. The fuses are all good. I have removed the power supply module, and the main components (other than capacitors, transistors, resistors, coils, and op-amps) include an STR-M6545 IC (4-pin) and a VLT0731 transformer. I don't have the service manual, so I am looking for any ideas on the next steps to pinpoint the problem because spare parts are still available from Panasonic.

Reply to
VCR Gymnast

Correction: the STR-M6545 is a 7-pin IC...thanks!

Reply to
VCR Gymnast