Panasonic Camcorder pvl-354

I recently bought a Panasonic pvl-354 camcorder on Ebay from a guy who said it was working fine but needed a charger.It came with a battery but it was dead.I tried it with just a 6 volt dc adapter and all it does is show a white light in the viewfinder and it makes a clicking sound that appears to be coming from the front of the camera.Nothing else is working ,no lcd ,eject button won't open tape door.Anyone have any idea what may be wrong with this.Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Waybel

Hi Waybel...

Tell us more about the adapter that you're trying to use...

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Just a regular universal ac/dc adapter from wallmart that varies from 3 to

said

was

wrong

Reply to
Waybel

Hi...

Kinda what I was suspicious of, but hoping not to hear :)

Half an amp at 6 volts is only 3 watts; not *nearly* enough to run your camera.

Suggestion would be that you search for a used or inexpensive charger (maybe with a new battery too) or see if you can't find someone nearby who'll lend you one for a quick charge or perhaps charge your battery up for you for a test first

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel