8mm camcorder , No Playback

I was using my Sony DSC-TVR520 at the ocean, and I got a moisture error message. Troubleshooting told me to let it stand and dryout for and hour. I opened the tape bay to take out the tape and it was stuck to the head. I pulled on the tape and it came out with difficulty. That tape was streched, but I was able to rewind it. I put in a new tape and started to record on it and everything worked until I tried to playback what I just recorded. No play back. I tried playback on previuouly recorded tapes, and still no playback. All I get is a blue screen while playback.

Reply to
AtomicTom

JR North

JR: I was in the process of following your advice. I only took off the cover to the loading tray and slipped in a tape and the camera started to playback. My only guess was that the camera was still wet from the moisture warning. The moisture warning must have stopped prematurely. I proceded to clean the heads as you recommended. Thanks for the advice. The only problem that remains from the episode is that one of the tapes I used during the time the camera became wet appears to have been erased in the middle. The first 5 minutes of the tape are fine and then I get a gray snowy picture (unlike the deep blue of a blank tape). My next question to you is (being digital) can the missing section of thetape be recovered. Ther was some memorable footage on that lost segment. I know there was subject matteron the pate because I had already viewed it. thanks again for the advice. AtomicTom

Reply to
AtomicTom