Unblock DVD door.

RCA Model # DRC 500 DVD changer. Works fine, but when you press the eject button, a red "lock" appears in the display. Nothing on the RCA warranty site. What's the trick to resetting this problem? I have tried holding down the eject (either on the remote or the player) for several seconds? Thanks, Dani.

Reply to
Dani

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 04:51:25 -0800, Dani Has Frothed:

Did it occur to you that there might be a problem with the unit rather than the need for a function reset?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

The "eject" is driven by a motor connected via a rubber band to the tray mechanism. I have seen a couple of cases where the rubber band became old, slack, or broken. Replacing the rubber band solved these cases.

Could you diagnose your case some more?

- Do you get the "lock" icon immediately, or can you hear the eject motor whirring unsuccessfully for a moment first?

Reply to
TorbenGB

Thanks, Torben. The icon comes on right away...the mechanism doesn't even try. It IS a lock problem for sure. Dani. Someone must know how to unlock these!

Dani wrote:

Reply to
Dani

I assume this model doesn't have a manual eject hidden underneath?

BTW, I bought an RCA DVD changer NIB - was jammed up internally. It really is a crap brand. Refunded it.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

According to the manual for several RCA DVD players: Press and hold the STOP key on the DVD player and press and hold the ON/OFF button on the remote (make sure to aim at the display). Keep holding them down for at least 2 seconds.

From another model: To lock/unlock, press SETUP 0 0 0 8 3

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Reply to