Panasonic HD Projection TV PT-53WX54J Convergence Help

The vertical linearity on this TV is out of adjustment. Images across the bottom of the screen are quite squashed. Does anyone know how to access the service menu? I found info on the WX53 series but it does not seem to apply to the WX54.

Thanks, John.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
John

The vertical linearity on this TV is out of adjustment. Images across the bottom of the screen are quite squashed vertically. Does anyone know how to access the service menu? I found info on the WX53 series but it does not seem to apply to the WX54.

Thanks, John.

P.S. If this post appears twice I apologise because free.teranews.com is failing to post or causing a long delay (days).

Reply to
e_john_wilson

Can't help but a convergence problem is where the three colours don't line up on top of one another - mainly restricted to CRT designs. What you've got is a linearity problem.

--
*Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

=A0 London SW

Thank you, I stand corrected, I should have used the term Linearity in the title. John.

Reply to
e_john_wilson

Thank you, I stand corrected, I should have used the term Linearity in the title. John.

Read the first ten posts in the linked thread below and get a copy of the correct service manual. Getting into the service mode will do you no good without the rest of the information. The service mode in these sets is not intuitive at all.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Thanks Leonard for your advice and a great link. Happy New Year, John.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
John