need CA6F4R ic Packard Bell

Hi I have a Packard Bell Laptop: Easynote R0422 and need to replace the above IC. Can anyone supply from gash motherboard or tell me of supplier. No info on Web.

For info. the unit works ok from battery. Mains adaptor charges Battery but instead of supplying 12V to VCORE , the full 19V passes through this IC and and the Vcore Voltage packs up in about 10 secs. Just time to see the Logo.

Many Thanks

T marshall

Reply to
geordie

On Sun, 28 Dec 2008 10:39:29 -0800 (PST), geordie put finger to keyboard and composed:

Could this be a MOSFET? Is it the chopper in a switchmode regulator? Is it a switchmode regulator with an integrated chopper?

How many pins? Package style? Which pins are the power pins?

Can you upload a photo of the PCB to your web space?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc for reply. info. 8 pin soic package. pins1,2,3 are connected together,19V input pin4 control 3.1V pins 5,6,7,8 connected together output 19V (should be 12V.

there is another CA6F4R in the Charger circuit with 19V input, outputting 12V.

All a bit academic now, as I have accidently shorted another chip and nothing works now. Will have to look for replacement motherboard

Reply to
geordie

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 01:05:04 -0800 (PST), geordie put finger to keyboard and composed:

That looks like a MOSFET.

Pins 1,2,3 are the Source, pins 5,6,7,8 are the Drain, and pin 4 is the Gate.

Here is an example (but not your part):

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:30:26 +1100, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

I should have added that a logo might have helped identify the part.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Tue, 30 Dec 2008 20:35:01 +1100, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

Just in case someone comes across this thread in future, the OP contacted me via email and provided me with a photo of the part.

The logo belongs to Alpha & Omega Semiconductor, Inc.

The IC was marked as follows:

LOGO 4407 CA6F4R

The part is an AO4407 P-Channel Enhancement Mode Field Effect Transistor:

It is rated at 30V, 12A.

As strange as it may seem, "CA6F4R" is a date and batch code. At first glance it would appear that 4407 is a WWYY date code, but that is not the case.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar