CRT Convergence Diverging

Just wondering.

I have a Proview PV546D PC monitor, and at 1024x768, with a convergence grid on the screen (as a tiled backgound) shows beam spits into two as it nears the bottom or top of the screen, worser at the bottom, to a point that only the middle third is legible on smaller text.

Is that the way it is, or my monitor has exceeded life, or is fixable?

There is also a vertical mis-linearity, which I can't seem to do much about.

Reply to
Gary Tait

Convergence at the edges is set by ring magnets next to the deflection coils, but there could be some small coils to finely tune it. If it has bad caps as shown by some bad vertical linearity, these coils might not be receiving the right signals. You should ESR all related caps or troubleshoot driving circuits.

If problem persists, the cathode wear causes a shift of the electron beam origin that slightly changes convergence / purity adjustments. Also if deflection coils have moved.

Reply to
Jeroni Paul

Reply to
Art