Sylvania 32" TV ( SRT2432S ) repaired

Hello All, This set was a dead unit, my daughter described it as a vertical problem (horizontal line in center) before it wouldn't turn on again. I remember reading here or elsewhere that vertical problems in some sets will prevent the horizontal circuit from starting up. It did start up sometimes and immediately shut down (the crt never illuminated). I found the vertical deflection IC bad (IC551, LA78041) and a bad capacitor (C584, .47Ufd 160 Vdc). Hope this helps somebody ! The information available on the WEB anymore is terrible, even these newsgroups have become loaded with nonsense. Sorry to offend any of the old timers, but they know what I mean. Does anyone know how to get in the service menu ? The vertical software adjustment seem fine but it would be nice to know how to access the menu. Thanks and hope this helps someone. Take Care !

Reply to
Homestead