Panasonic CT27G31U AGAIN!

This one just one quit. About a year ago, the set was dead. I replaced the STK730-020 and the line fuse and everything worked fine for several months. Then, it fails with just a blown line fuse. Couldn't find any power supply shorts, so I put in a new fuse and it works for several more months. Now...it's got an open line fuse again.

Anyone have any clues or suggestions?

Please reply to newsgroup.

Reply to
Rick Cantellya

number

as

(XBA1C40NU100).

new

confirm

failing

I did the same thing and could not get a definitive answer from Panasonic, so I just ordered a fuse to be sure. It was clearly a delayed action fuse, noting the construction and the T in the number.

Look at most any television of this size and you will see a 5 or 6 amp fast acting fuse. Panasonic uses slo-blow fuses and this allows them to use a lower amp rating.

Leonard

Reply to
Leonard Caillouet

Thanks for all of the responses. Here's what I've done:

I checked my service manual and no mention is made to this being a slow blow/delayed action fuse. I searched for any information on the part number (0BA1C40NU100) and found a part supplier that shows the description only as

4A/125V. HOWEVER, they show a new part number for the fuse (XBA1C40NU100). So, I went to Panasonic's web site and looked up the description of the new part number and it comes back as 4A/125V. I sent an email to Panasonic's part department to see if a) they would respond and b) if they could confirm if there is an issue with the specs on this fuse. I don't make a habit out of replacing slow blow fuses with fast blow fuses and I'm quite sure I did not take a slow blow fuse out when the set originally failed.

All of your suggestions make sense....with the exception of the set failing after it has been on for a period of time and not during the current surge from the degaussing coil at startup. If I get a response from Panasonic (hold back laughter please) I'll share it with the group.

Thanks again....

Reply to
Rick Cantellya

A fuse is not like a precision resistor, a 4Asb, 4Afb, 5Afb all should work fine. If you look at Littlefuse datasheets you'll see the FB 4A is rated to run at 6A continuous power for 60 minutes minimum. You need to surpass the rating by over 215% to actually blow "fast". So it takes 9A to really blow a 4A fuse. They don't make a 4A fuse blow at exactly

4.01A and run at 3.99A. You're sure the fuse clips are good and the fuse is not heating up and opening? Ron Guelenet
Reply to
RonKZ650

Reply to
Rick Cantellya

[...]