36" Panasonic dead.

CT-36HX40CB dead, horizontal output shorted, nothing else bad, replaced it, now it starts up, but only momentarily, but shuts right down. All B+ voltages come up, but go right back down. I got the service manual from the Panasonic site, but there's no schematic. Has anyone repaired one of these for this fault? Thanks, Dani.

Reply to
Dani

I'm not familiar with this chassis, but it is probably a bad B+ regulator. Usually in the neighborhood of 120-160vdc. May be an STK series IC. This is a common failure mode. B+ voltages look good at startup, but rises above regulated level and unit shuts down. You don't have time to see the overvoltage before shutdown. I never figured out if the output transistor shorting overloads the regulator or the regulator failing destroys the output transistor, but it happens a lot.

Reply to
dennis

Comon problem with this chaxic...replace the fly back

Reply to
David Naylor