Panasonic CT-36HL43G shuts down.

This Panasonic CT-36HL43G shuts down about two seconds after the 144V supply relay kicks into the horizontal output circuits. I have the chassis removed from the set (it was too big to carry into the shop). The base drive to the HOT looks good until the 144V energizes. Then a small (extra) oscillation occurs at the base of the HOT on the low side of the input square wave. On the collector side, it is full of extra oscillations. I don't have the deflection yoke plugged and I don't know how much of a difference this would make in terms of fidelity of these waveforms. The last thing that happens before it shuts down is that the AC line current jumps to almost 3 amps. That seems a bit high for this test situation. I've checked all the power supply lines for shorts but have found none. I'm suspecting a faulty flyback but I'd like a second or third opinion.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

supply

removed

the

would

flyback

I replaced the flyback and that fixed it.