OT: Why do flat-panel sets take so long to come on?

I've monitored the outgoing traffic on my home computah and found all manner of applications and OS parts and pieces phone home. Many are fairly good at hiding what they're sending, such as under the disguise of "checking for updates". Most are fairly smart about calling home, and wait a few random minutes after the computer boots to call. Few bother to mention that they phone home, except in the EULA and privacy policy, which nobody reads. I'm just wondering if the Blu-Ray recorders are following the same path. My guess(tm) is that they couldn't resist the temptation and will now be searching for reasons for consumers to plug their Blu-Ray players into their broadband connections.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Shit, I've only put one in mine. What other addresses should I be blocking?

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Download TCPview from Sysinternals and fire it up. Then load PS and see what pops up in tcpview.

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com 127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
Reply to
Meat Plow