Slightly OT: Why is PE on ONSemi so low?

Hello Folks,

Thinking about buying some for the IRA: Why is the PE for ON Semi just a tad above 14 while most others are above 20?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

The others are overvalued?

-a

Reply to
Andy Peters

Hello Andy,

For PEs in the high 20's I'd certainly get that impression as well.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

impression as well.

"For PE's in the high 20's..."

What stocks are you in reference to?

Dave

Reply to
EE123

Hello Dave,

impression as well.

Many other US semi mfgs. TXN (Texas) was what I'd really like but it's at 20.7. ADI (Analog Devices) is at 24.1, LLTC (Linear) is at 23.5. All a bit expensive for my taste yet I like to invest in companies that I know or have researched out thoroughly. Suffice it to say that there are certain semiconductor companies that I would not invest one dime in ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

I own LLTC, but I have a sell order in, to take advantage of any rise.

US tech companies are very tight as far as sharing their profits with their share holders as dividends. What do you think of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co. Ltd. (NYSE: TSM )? For almost a year, I had an open buy order at $7, but never quite made it. Now I wish I had bid $8.

Reply to
John Popelish

Hello John,

Yes, dividend income is a bit more important in a Roth IRA where you don't get hit with another tax on it. TSM seems priced about right at a PE around 13.4. Went down 31c today.