Tenma LCR Meter 72-6634 - calibration procedure?

Hi. I have a second-hand LCR-meter, Tenma model 72-6634, which seems to be reading 30-40% high on the L/C ranges. (R seems accurate, though!)

Please can anyone tell me the 'calibration procedure' for this meter?

TIA - Mark.

Reply to
MAC

More likely a repair job, 0.3 to 0.4 percent out for a calibration issue, yours is 2 orders of magnitude over that. The first thing to check is consistency, or not, of the wrong readings for known test items

N_Cook

*seems to be???* So you are not sure?

You can't determine whether it is reading high or not (you do say "Seems to be" but you want to calibrate it?

Maybe try taking it to someone who knows how to evaluate it for accuracy (has the requisit standards, for example) then think about having someone calibrate it.

Reply to
PeterD

I've got one of those ! Put in a good battery and recheck it. It eats batteries, at least mine does, and the readings vary greatly with voltage.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.