OT : vhs quick erase

I saw mentioned in an instruction booklet for a panasonic vhs-dvd a 'quick erase' function. according to the blurb, it enables you to re-record a tape 'without loss of quality'. what the F%$& is this?? what does it do?

-B.

erase the tape quickly.

Seriously, I've no idea what else youre asking, give us a clue.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Maybe it rewinds the DVD?

:)

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Fast forwards the morning newspaper? ;)

Reply to
Greg

VHS is roughly equivalent to 300X480 or less resolution in digital. If you capture it at DVDs 720X480 then copy that back to tape the loss would be minimal. Probably only useful if you wanted to make multiple tape copies of a tape. VHS starts out crappy so all the copies will be too. As cheap as DVD players are now a dubious feature.

Can't imagine what it would have to do with quick erase.

Reply to
T Shadow

maybe! In all my years i have never seen such a thing. I just noticed it in this manual i came across for a dvd vhs combo. Maybe it switches on the erase head during rewind or something? model number is nv-vp31 (or 31 or 26) . page 28 of the booklet.

-B.

Isn't that a disaster waiting to happen!!!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson