61SWX01W hitachi rptv problem

My set blanks out when feeding it 480p. I sent one dvd player back (thinking it sourced the problem) before stumbling onto multiple posts describing the problem and a known fix. Looks like plenty of others have noted the difficulty w/ 480p (and up??) on this (and other hitachi) sets. 2 questions then: will the set handle >480p without difficulty or the same trouble and is there anyone out there who has done the capacitor fix themselves (and can give me just a bit of guidance). Tnx very much in advance.

gary

Reply to
Gary