Oscilloscope Repair

Hey all,

I have a Beckman-Industrial 20Mhz scope (not sure of model number) that I need to repair. I don't have the owners/service manual for it anymore nor do I have another scope that would aid me in fixing it. There is something wrong with the second channel amplifier as it is picking up noise regardless of if there's a probe connected to it or not.

I'm wondering if anyone out there can recommend a good palce to send this thing for repair.

Reply to
DewDude

You could try here. But first go to Google / images and visually try and find the model number.

When indside you should , with luck, be faced with 2 identical compenentwise, not topologically necessarily, both the same, then compare node for node with a signal bridged between both inputs.

At 20M you may be lucky and not have to remove loads of screening , could easily be just corrosion on an attenuator switch.

N_Cook

r.

It's a Circuitmate 9020.

I've taken it apart once before but...I think I need a second scope to be able to determine where the noise is...I considered trying to use the scope's good channel to diagnose the second channel, but I doubt that'll work.

There's no corrosion inside the machine...it's pretty clean. flipping any of the switches doesn't make the problem go away...and it's not anything loose as I poked around with the thing on. But, both amps are pretty much the exact same thing...mirrors of each other basically. Like I said, previous attempts to fix it have failed and I'm at the point I should let a pro handle it.

Reply to
Jay Moore

Why can't you trouble shoot the defective channel using the good channel?

Reply to
denali