Kernel Frame Buffer Support

I've just compiled a linux 2.4 kernel with frame buffer support for an Etrax processor. I expected to see frame buffer devices in the /dev directory, i.e., /dev/fb0 etcetera. But they are not there. Is there some step I'm missing? Basically what I've done is to select virtual console and frame buffer support in the configuration.

Dan

Reply to
Dan