No blue color with Toshiba Model # 50A61

I own the following projection TV: Model #50A61 Serial #56662723 The TV was turned on recently and there was a lot of red and yellow in the picture. I then followed the "Adjusting the color convergence" instructions on pg20 of the owners manual. In step three, it mentions I would be adjusting 4 different colors(red, blue and green or white) I was only able to see red,green and yellow. Yellow having not been mentioned at all. There was no blue or white. Why are these colors missing and were did the yellow come from. Is there something else I could adjust? Is there a burned out component? Do I need to have a service tech look at it? I would like to repair it myself.

--
DonWun
Reply to

The tv needs troubleshot to find out why the blue is missing. Start at the blue tube and make the voltage and waveform measurements on the crt socket and work your way back to where the OSD, convergence test pattern, and video are combined before being sent to the three picture tubes.

Not sure what this means? Call out a qualified and trained technician to perform a proper and safe diagnosis and repair on the set.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Thank you for the input. I am going to check for faulty connections and any visual problems, if there is nothing obvious I am going to get a service tech. Thanks again.

Art Wrote:

--
DonWun
Reply to