need to know where the wires go

Hi there Group :-) John from NY here. I have a question about my craftsman bench utility motor... I took it apart to rewire it and I can't figure (or remember) where the wires go. It's a 115V, 6.2AMP,1/2 HP motor that spins at

3500 RPM's. What else I know is that a white and green wire go to the ancient capacitor mounted in the base of this motor. It also has a syntrifical switch. It has white and green wires coming out of the windings (I think it's 2 of each). Anybody know how to put this thing back together??? Thanks :-)
Reply to
vze2vv6g

the Negative lead of the cap usually has a - or bar on the side for identification this goes to the negative L2 side of the line the positive side of the cap goes to the centrifugal switch it cuts out when the motor gets up to speed The diagram on the page above (cap/start induction run) should help you to see what I am saying. Line1 and line2 are your power leads L1 is black L2 is white from power cord. I think you can make it from here

Visit me a

geno419