Wires fell off

This is a link to a picture that I hope will show my problem.

It has been over a month since I worked on this.

It is the same flashlight project I posted earlier.

The flashlight switch has 3 postions.

4 White LEDS are on

Off

One red LED that blinks.

Two wires that go from go from (a) to (b) have fallen off.

I would like to know where they are supposed to go.

Mint

This is a link to a picture that I hope will show my problem.

It has been over a month since I worked on this.

It is the same flashlight project I posted earlier.

The flashlight switch has 3 postions.

4 White LEDS are on

Off

One red LED that blinks.

Two wires that go from go from (a) to (b) have fallen off.

I would like to know where they are supposed to go.

The picture is not good enough for me. "B" has only two places where wires are likely to go, Look closely at "A" and see if there are grooves in the solder where wires pulled off, or pieces of wire left.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

It will help if you also showed the opposite sides of the PCBs.

Reply to
Pimpom

I will scan it and post it.

Andy

Reply to
Mint

Here is the backside.

Andy

Mint

I can't answer your question directly because I'm not sure what pcb 'b' is for. Is it part of the switch or of the battery contacts? Anyway, this is a schematic of what I think the wiring should be. Can you take it from there?

Pimpom

light.jpg/

One side of b (Copper clad) comes into contact with a battery pack of

3 AAA cells.

I want to make sure of where the wires go.

One time I hooked up the red LED wrong and burned it out. :-)

Andy

Reply to
Mint

light.jpg/

Which are the positive and negatives sides of your battery representation?

Andy

Reply to
Mint

Top is positive, bottom negative. But I'm making an assumption here because all the LEDs have one terminal wired together on the PCB and that's most often the cathode (negative), but this is not necessarily always the case.

Reply to
Pimpom

I will try it.

The flashlight was only $3. :-)