Need Marantz 1250 repaired in Pittsburgh area.

I had a loyal client move from Southern California to Pittsburgh. She has a Marantz 1250 power amp. I serviced it a few times for intermittent popping noises and signal drop outs. She called and says now it has developed a constant hum (audio still works). Shipping the amp back to me would be quite costly so I was wondering if anybody could recommend someone in the Pittsburgh neighborhood for hopefully an uncomplicated repair.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

**1250? Do you mean 250? The old US made thing?

Trevor Wilson

Reply to
Trevor Wilson

popping

No, it is definitely a 1250, another old US made (I think) amp. The date on the service manual fiche I have is 1976. I found this pic on the web:

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA
Reply to
David Farber

**I don't have the manual for that model, but it is definitely Japanese made. I suspect it uses the output stages from the 2325 receiver. The popping noises are probably (if it is confined to the power amp) related to the varistors on the heat sinks. These were notoriously unreliable at the time in the 2325.

Trevor Wilson

Reply to
Trevor Wilson

be

Trevor,

I think you're missing the point here. I am looking for someone in the Pittsburgh neighborhood to service this amp. Any suggestions?

Thanks for your reply.