Marantz tuner ...

Anyone help me out with a copy of the schematics for a Marantz ST48 tuner please ? One of those 'friend of a friend' jobs, so could really do with getting a result on it ... :-\\

TIA

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Looked but didn't find one, and doesn't appear to be downloadable from Marantz - at least not their US servicer site...

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark Zacharias

A quick Google led me to ...

PDF scans of original manuals, US$14.99 each. Never dealt with them, can't vouch for their service or the quality of the manual scans.

Hope this helps,

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry

A quick Google led me to ...

PDF scans of original manuals, US$14.99 each. Never dealt with them, can't vouch for their service or the quality of the manual scans.

Hope this helps,

Jerry

Thanks both. I'd managed to find a couple of sites that claimed to have it, but as you say, quality unknown, which is why I was hoping to find someone on here that could do me a quick scan of one. I might not actually need one when I get down to it properly. Looks a bit like the front panel system control IC is not working. No drives to VFD, no signs of activity on push button matrix lines, so I guess no clock being generated. There is a fixed level of about 4.5v on the standby button, so I'm thinking maybe low 5v rail - there is something of a few decimals over 5v going up there from the main board, and I have had feeds like this going via diodes on the front panel that have gone faulty by high forward drop - but of course, if it uses a resistive divider and A-D input on the micro for button decoding, then

4.5v might be right.

Other possibilities might be a bad clock resonator or shunt padding caps, something wrong holding the reset line, or maybe even a problem with whatever it uses for memory backup - battery or GoldCap. I just thought that a schematic for it, or even a similar model from the same stable, might help to eliminate some of these whilst they were still just ideas. Never mind. I'll just get the screwdriver out and strip the PCB off the front panel, and see what we can find behind there ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily