looking for electronics supplyer in Pittsburgh pa area

Hello, after a few years of buying parts from radioshack i'm sick of paying the high prices for manytimes inferior products. Online shopping is a good alternative for large orders but shipping and minimum purchase costs are prohibitivite. I live in Pittsburgh Pa and i'm looking for a local ie 30 minute drive to a good supplyer. Does anyone know of one? or are there any online dealers that don't have shipping fees but still reasonable prices? Thanks

Reply to
izzi4

What kind of parts are you looking for, I carry "some" - for now. Set to move whenever I get a few people off their butts - so limiting my stock. Contact me direct. Remove "no spam".

Lou

Reply to
L.

paying

good

any

Likely there will always be a shipping fee since this is an outside cost for transportation of the good. I'd be happy if there were no extra handling charge. More and more companies are also adding local sales taxes on goods sent out of their state where they have no physical business location.

Reply to
Lord Garth

I live in PA myself (the other side though), but I'm almost exclusively ordering from online retailers such as All Electronics

BG Micro
and others. You don't normally have any minimum order requirement, but if your order is within $20-30 range, you'd probably find the shipping charges (around $6) quite reasonable. Sure, you have to wait, but the prices are a fraction of Radio Shack's

And then there is always eBay. Over time I've found dozens of people that sell electronics parts on a regular basis, so I just scroll my bookmarks and pick one when I need something.

--
Dmitri Abaimov, RCDD
http://www.cabling-design.com

http://www.cabling-design.com/forums

sci.electronics.basics - 5928 messages and counting!

Dmitri(Cabling-Design.com

Mouser has no minimum orders, and they will even ship Parcel Post within the states. Considering the gas you'll spend going up and down all those hills in Pittsburgh, I'd think that would be cheaper than driving around for parts, even without costing your time. And they cost far less than Radio Shack. If your order is more than a couple of bucks, you'll save money every time. And they send free catalogs on request.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
CFoley1064

For the more common parts it's hard to beat

with shipping $3 anywhere in the world and no minimum.

Reply to
cpemma