NEC Projector clock reset

Any ideas to reset a lamp clock for a NEC MT1056 projector. Got it on eBay with no remote and it would seem no way to reset the lamp clock without it. Thanks Russ

Reply to
Russ Peck

Russ,

I don't know your model of projector, but from the one I just had to change in my Father's NEC, I would not reset the time without replacing the bulb. When I inspected the old lamp, The reflector coating was beginning to separate from the glass, and looked 'wrinkly'. These bulbs contain mercury, so if you run it until it blows and it shatters,you can basically throw out the projector. Also, if the bulb fails, it might take its power supply with it.

However, ant least on the LT-240K, you still have to reset the lamp time with the on screen displays, which will require the remote if the unit does not have redundant controls on it.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

P.S. Yes, I know all to well that these lamps are expensive.

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

I had a boxlight CP-7T that the same thing happened. lamp exploaded in it. and the ballast was NLA.

So, i just rebuilt the ballast. the transformer was ok, just the H-bridge that drove it was shorted. replaced it, along with the fusable resistors, worked like a brand new one :)

Reply to
Mike

Thanks Tim, I did replace the lamp with a new one. Left that out of my post.

Reply to
Russ Peck

Russ, I don't have info for that model, but earlier and later models as follows: For NEC MT1040 & 1045, if the old lamp time exceeded max hours, the projector will not come on with a new lamp installed and the projector remains in "standby" mode. In that mode, press and hold OFF or HELP button for 10 seconds minimum. The STATUS indicator should go out and the projector should turn on normally with the lamp counter reset to zero. Nodels MT1060 and later have an EEPROM on the lamp housing that will not allow more than the max hours. Changing the lamp automatically resets the counter. Yours might respond to the earlier command... worth a try.

Ray

--

My return addy is spamblocked. To reply, remove the zeroes.
Reply to