Dot clock on an analog LCD

Hi all

I have a NEC LCD panel (NL10276AC24) and would like to drive it with signals from a standard graphics card (R, G, B, Vsync and Hsync). However the display also requires a pixel clock; although this would be possible to derive from the Vsync signal, would the display run without it? The datasheet

does not really mention this in great detail, so presumably I will need the signal - does anyone have a schematic for deriving this clock, or is there a better way of driving the display?

Thanks!

Angus Thomson

Reply to
Angus

No - this is the master clock for the panel electronics.

You will need to use a PLL based frequency multiplier to derive the ~ 65 MHz pixel clock from Hsync or Vsync. This may not be straightforward, as some graphics cards have quite a lot of jitter on these signals. This is a complex display with a large data sheet - there may be interesting times ahead !

Have fun !

Dave

Posted Via Nuthinbutnews.Com Premium Usenet Newsgroup Services

Dave Garnett

The data sheet it clear you need it. That clock is telling the display when to sample the RGB inputs. see page 21 and onwards.

I note that it also seems to be fussy about the order in which it's power rails come up.

Reply to
CWatters

Thanks for your help guys! Looks like I'll need to swot up on PLL's first. And there was me thinking it'd be easy!

Cheers, Angus

Dave Garnett wrote:

Reply to
Angus